1 The practice of yoga. Yoga is a type of stretching and low impact exercise that helps to relax the muscles in your body. Because you have to focus on each yoga pose, your spirit leaves no room for contemplating stressors and is forced to a state of peace.
- It is best to start yoga by taking a class. Yoga classes are done to create a state of relaxation, even though there may be many people present. Find local instructor courses or gyms nearby.
- Hatha yoga is the most basic style of yoga and is ideal for relaxation. Look for hatha yoga postures that can be treated at home.
- Do not do yoga if you have physical problems, such as a herniated disc, osteoporosis, or if you are at risk for blood clots.
2 Drink a lot of water. Water is important to keep your body well hydrated and free of toxins, which helps your mind to concentrate better. To help other relaxation exercises, drink plenty of water.
3 Eat food that promotes relaxation. Some foods help reduce related hormones cause anxiety while increasing the hormones that are responsible for creating a sense of happiness and peace.
- Foods rich in selenium to help reduce anxiety and depression, and include nuts (especially Brazilian nuts), shiitake mushrooms and tuna, cod or salmon.
- Eat foods rich in magnesium, such as spinach, pumpkin seeds, and halibut.
- Look for food with high tryptophan content as it helps produce chemical serotonin, which increases happiness. Try the dark chocolate, walnuts and red meat.
4 Moderate exercise. Exercise is responsible for the release of endorphins, which in turn creates a feeling of happiness. Try to do some exercise every day to help you relax after facing a stressful time.
- Exercise in quiet places or let alone go. If you train in the gym, find an area or room that is mostly deserted time, so you are not distracted by thoughts of things around you.
- Try to find stupid repetitive exercises to participate. This may include swimming or running laps.
5 Take part in your favorite activities. If you enjoy cooking, reading or playing sports, do these things! Doing the things you enjoy will help clear your mind of anxiety, and will likely release more endorphins that cause happiness.
6 Drink hot liquids. Hot drinks help relieve stress and reduce stress. Look for hot drinks that lack caffeine and alcohol as they can stimulate anxiety and depression.
- Green tea contains certain natural chemicals linked to reduced stress levels. Drink hot or ice cream from the peaceful offering benefits.
- Try to drink hot milk. This classic drink in bed can help soothe your troubled mind as it contains high levels of tryptophan, responsible for producing more serotonin in the brain. Heat the milk in a saucepan with honey for a sweet relaxing pleasure.
- If you decide to have coffee to help you relax, find a decaffeinated version in order not to stimulate hyperactivity.
- Avoid consuming anything with an excess of sugar, as this will increase your brain and make it relax much more difficult.